Monday, July 29, 2013

YogurBerry.....yogurt on speed, lol

YogurBerry...well the name alone makes u extremely curious. Anyway, had a meet with a friend/biz partner and we settled for YogurBerry since I'd never been there. Hmmm, how do I start?!

The place is kinda cold....has to be to keep the frozen and cold delights at lip-licking temperature. I can't believe I'd never been there. They have offerings like yogurt smoothies, frozen yogurt and the yogurt parfait with a nice array of toppings and tower options. 




 I had the Yogurt Parfait....this is where it gets interesting. The Yogurt Parfait (even the name sounds like a romantic whisper, hia!) begins with a sweet unflavored yogurt base. Next comes an interesting and healthy layer of cereal and fruits. I had granola, followed by Apple, pineapple and watermelon. Topping this cold tower is a large helping of pomegranate yogurt...my mouth is watering as I write this even. lol. For extra sweetness, there's a sweet wafer roll nestled nicely at the top, to the side. As u may have alresdy guessed, my meeting didn't start early. I was too busy wolfing my Yogurty surprise down and trying to keep inappropriate sounds to no more than the occasional greedy moan, or were they growls, escaping my throat. Hehe.

So did I like the place? I hear someone yelling 'trick question, trick question!'. Yes, I really did. So here's my take on YogurBerry:
 
  • Ambience/atmosphere: nice setting, great lighting. soothing colors too. not particularly crazy about the cold though. 7/10

  • servings: portions are great and the taste is really, well, 'tasty'. you know how th taste of really creamy ice cream is heightened by the slow slide of a spoonful down ur throat? well, my yogurt parfait was all that and more. and cold as it was, I didn't get 'brain freeze' even though I was gulping like crazy. i'd however have liked the cereal and fruits to have come in layers interspersed with the flavored yogurt cos the tastes didn't gel as much as i'd have liked until I started to spoon 'a lil of this', 'a lil of that'. 8/10

  • service: neatly uniformed, disposable-gloved attendants were polite, and helpful even when Taiwo threw a mock-tantrum, as is his wont. lol. that's a plus. one was bored though and it showed. I honestly considered doing a tabletop dance to jazz her day up.

  • pricing: the stuff I bough to eat in and take away all cost between 800 and 1100 per serving. that's a great offer for the mix u get. 9/10

  • location. hmmm.  yogur Berry is on the same street as Jevinik in Wuse 2, nestled btw Kalamarie and Tulip Bistro (doing those soon). theoretically, its a great location cos Wue 2 is central. parking available is primarily street parking so I guess that may be an ish at some point. it wasn't that day though, the street parking attendant easily found me a spot 7/10

  • other, other, other stuff: I love what Yogur berry has to offer. I however would have liked to see a hot beverage on the menu. im sure some yogurt version of the cappuccino would be a hit with customers. I also think having something to nibble on like scones, biscuits or similar may resonate with more customers than otherwise.
that's it for tonight. if u read, lemme know what u think. if u've other places u'd like a review of, lemme know. i'll swing by sometime.


e-yogurberry: www.facebook.com/YogurberryNigera and https://twitter.com/yogurberryNG


xoxo,
nkechi

2 comments:

  1. Wow...Lovely review. With an analysis like this, I want to visit the place already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got there and became confused. I just wanted to have everything.

    ReplyDelete